Service is provided on a maintenance basis rather than an on-call basis. We clear snow during snowfalls to insure reasonable access and we strive to have all of our driveways completely cleared within 48 hours after it has STOPPED SNOWING. Occasionally this style of service is misunderstood and we get calls stating that we did not clear the whole driveway. Please remember this before calling.
Charges are on a “per storm” basis. There are no contracts to sign and no deposits are required. You will be billed bi-monthly for services provided during that time period. We have a minimum charge of $375.00 per season. This amount is not payable up front. In the event your services do not meet the minimum we will ask you to remit a balance in order to meet the minimum.
Typical seasonal costs for snow removal service range from $400 - $800, depending on size, difficulty and customer’s individual needs. Since each property is unique, please contact us if you would like an estimate of snow removal costs or if you have questions regarding our services. We can be reached via the following: (559) 908-3468 (cell) or e-mail: Bill@Paloutzian.com. Our goal is to have our customer and route lists finalized by mid-October; therefore, please attempt to contact us prior to mid-October so we may ensure that your name is placed on our route list prior to a “snowed-in” situation.
We hold general liability and worker's compensation insurance. We have an excellent snow removal record, and have had no claims filed in the over 35 years we have been providing service.
The following information is offered to clarify how our services are provided and to clear up any questions you might have.
- Due to the uncertainly of snowfall and the start-up costs related to snow removal services, we have implemented a seasonal minimum charge of $375.00.
- The service we provide is designed to make access to your vacation home possible when you arrive.
- During storms (especially heavy storms) only minimum work will be done in your driveway to insure off-street parking and (if applicable) access to your garage. Clean-up and widening (if deemed necessary) will be done after it has ceased snowing.
- We request that you advise of your occupancy if we have had inclement weather with a day or so of your arrival (or if you are here during a snow storm). Many of you are very consistent about advising of your occupancy and this is extremely helpful. This is the only way we can provide priority service to those of you who are occupying your homes. Please give ample notification; i.e., 24 hours in advance. We can be reached via the following:
- E-mail: Bill@Paloutzian.com
(this means of communication should only occur in advance of a pending storm, since during the storm we are out plowing snow and might not receive your e-mail in a timely fashion.
- Home Phone: (559) 841-3468
If you get a recording during a storm, please call my cell.
- Cell Phone: (559) 908-3468
- E-mail: Bill@Paloutzian.com
- We remind you that our service is offered as clearing of driveways after it has quit snowing; however, we provide service during snowfall events to provide access to your home.
- While we understand that you will have vehicles parking in your driveway, this does hamper snow removal efforts. Generally speaking, clearing from the roads up to your vehicles constitutes a “clearing.” The rest of your driveway will be cleared only as time allows or after the vehicles have been removed and we are cleaning up our driveways. Also, the more you drive on the snow in your driveway the more difficult it is to clear.
- As much as possible we try and coordinate our residential snow removal with the main road plowing crews, thereby addressing your driveway after the berm has been created; however, this is sometimes impossible. The situation often occurs wherein your driveway has been cleared and a berm is subsequently put in front if it by the road plow. If we are in the subdivision and you request that it be removed we will be glad to do this at no additional charge. However, if we are not in your subdivision and you request this service, there may be an additional charge.
- Occasionally at the end of a storm a “dusting” will occur. This is 1 to 2 inches of snow on otherwise cleared driveways. We may not deem this 1 to 2 inches justifiable to clear and impose a charge. If you call us to clear this dusting and we are in the area, we will be glad to do this for you. However, if we are not in your area and we are required to make a special trip to provide this service, you may be charged.
- Chain marks may occur in your driveway as a result of service. We cannot be responsible for superficial chain marks resulting from normal snow removal operations. Chain marks are more apparent on new driveways, steep driveways and driveways that have recently been seal-coated.
- Realize that you may have to clear a berm that has been created by other snow removal persons (i.e., main road snow removal personnel) after we have cleared your driveway.
- Our equipment is designed to remove snow. There are occasions when ice will form on driveways; thus chains may be required to ascend steep driveways.
- Please be patient with us during a major snow event. Rest assured we are working diligently for 12 to 15 hours a day trying to do the best we can for you and all our customers.
Sign Up Today
Please fill out, sign, and return the New Customer Form to get started.